Top Tips and Advice for Making Biscuits
- When rolling out the dough use as little flour as possible to avoid drying
- Never roll out the dough more than once (I don’t understand this one, but it does work).
- Use very flat baking trays; if they have any edge at all it will affect the evenness of cooking.
- Often times I make biscuits in batches. Sometimes though I screw up the mixture so I always cook the first of the batch separately and test it.
- When you take the tray out of the oven do not attempt to take the biscuits off the tray right away; they need time to set. Wait 60 seconds and not a second more!
- Use a wire rack to guarantee even cooling, and store in an airtight container.