There is something deceptively simple about these Sugar Wands; they take just 15 minutes to make from basic ingredients. However, when served alongside ice cream or to along side a crumble, they come alive, soaking up flavours and adding sweetness.
375g Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
1 Egg York
1 Teaspoon of Milk
- Fire up your oven to 220C (425F).
- Gently unfurl the pre-rolled Puff Pasty and set out on a flat surface.
- Whist the Egg Yolk and milk together (the milk helps to loosen the egg yolk for spreading next).
- Brush the Egg Yolk over the Puff Pastry covering it entirely; be careful to go right up to the edges.
- Sprinkle liberally with Caster Sugar all over the yolked surface.
- Slice the Puff Pastry into wands (6-8inches or 15-20cm) in length.
- Place the wands on a baking tray.
- Bake in the hot oven for 8-10 Minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.