This fish fingers recipe makes a great sharing starter or appetizer to share at the table, or in the garden.
550 gramsLemon Sole (Skinless Fillets)
100 gramsBreadcrumbs (Fresh White)
1Oil (For Deepfrying)
- Cut the fish into little strips about the size of a finger (clue is in the title).
- Dust each with flour, and a little salt/pepper.
- Then cost with beaten egg, and roll in the breadcrumbs and lemon zest.
- Get the production line up and running and blitz through all the fish, storing the fingers on a tray.
- You now need a large pan, or deep-fat fryer warmed to 190 degrees Centigrade.
- Using a slotted spoon lower the fish into the hot oil to cook for about 90 seconds.
- Remember, every time you cook a batch the oil temperature falls, so you must give it time to warm up between batches. If the oil is not hot enough you'll get wangy/soggy fingers.
- Stack the fingers and serve with the dip.
The recipe for the dip can be found here -> http://mykitchendiaries.tv/2012/02/lime-and-avocado-dip-recipe/