Be sure to use real Parmigiano-Reggiano, the flavour of lookalikes is not good enough for your guests!
15 millilitersCrème Fraiche
1Lemon (Zest only)
1 teaspoonFennel Seeds
75 gramsHot Smoked Salmon
50 gramsParmesan (Grated)
1 tablespoonPlain Flour
- Grease and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper
- Mix Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and plain flour, along with a good pinch of black pepper
- Spoon teaspoon-sized rounds of this mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. The mixture should give 10 crisps, make sure there is plenty of space between each one, as the mixture will spread a little
- Place the rounds under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted to make a golden brown crisp
- Remove each crisp carefully using a pallet knife and leave to cool on greaseproof paper
- Mix crème fraiche together with lemon zest and season to taste
- To assemble,spoon a small amount of lemon crème fraiche on top of each crisp. Then sprinkle with a few fennel seeds, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and finely chopped fennel, before topping with flakes of hot smoked salmon and black pepper
- Finally, garnish with sprigs of fresh fennel and serve.