As a child I always hated Runner Beans; until I had this at a restaurant, and now I cannot get enough of them!
700 gramsRunner Beans
25 gramsGreen Peppercorns (in Brine, not dried.)
1 teaspoonCoarse Sea Salt
- De-string the beans, and remove their hard tips.
- Slice with a good sharp knife into thin diagonal strips.
- Drop into already boiling water, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain really well - wet/wangy beans are a disaster.
- Chop up the green peppercorns.
- Melt butter a small pan, and add the peppercorns.
- When the butter starts to sizzle, throw in the beans and heat aggressively for 1 minute.
- Serve and sprinkle with the crunchiest sea salt you can find!