When a regular pancake just isn't enough; reach of the American Pancakes!
200 gramsSelf-Raising Flour
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
300 millilitersSemi-Skimmed Milk
25 gramsUnsalted Butter
1Fat for Frying
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and create a well.
- Pour the egg and 100ml of milk into the well.
- Mix the batter together, adding the rest of the milk gradually.
- Beat in the melted butter.
- Heat a frying pan and fat.
- Use a tablespoon to add a small amount of batter to the frying pan. Make 4 pancakes at a time.
- Cook each pancake for 3 minutes on one side
- Flip pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden.