Lots of flavours going on in this dish, but amazing together!
2Racks of Venison (3-4 Ribs on each Rack)
1 tablespoonRosemary (Fresh and Chopped)
2 tablespoonsOlive Oil
1Lemon (Zest and Juice)
1Chicken Stock Cube
280 gramsChargrilled Peppers in Oil (Drained and cut to strips)
25 gramsFlat-leaf Parsley (Chopped)
- Place venison in a large dish, marinate in rosemary, olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- While marinating place couscous in a heatproof bowl add saffron and stock cube.
- Add 350ml Boiling Water, give it a stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the venison from marinade and barbecue for 10-12 minutes on each side until crusty and well browned.
- The venison is done when it's still pink in the middle, but crusty outside.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix your sliced peppers into the couscous, add the parsley.
- Carve the venison into cutlets and serve atop a portion of couscous.
Try marinating the ribs over night for extra flavour; careful not to add the lemon juice until 15 minutes before cooking (the acid with make the meat tough).