Everyone has their favourite Chilli con Carne recipe, and this is mine. Any Chilli contest, this is what I would enter!
1 kilogramMinced Beef
2 teaspoonsCumin (Ground)
1 teaspoonOregano (Dried)
6 tablespoonsTomato Puree
1 1⁄5 kilogramChopped Tomatoes (Usually 3 tins)
3 teaspoonsSmoked Paprika
3 teaspoonsCayenne Pepper
100 millilitersMalt Vinegar
800 gramsKidney Beans (Tinned (Drained))
- Peel the Carrots
- Peel the Onions
- Peel the Garlic
- Trim the Celery (get rid of the dried and leafy bits)
- Put the above in a food processor. Pulse the blades until everything is finely chopped. You can do this by hand, but this is way faster!
- Take your largest saucepan (unless you have a ridiculously large pan, in which case, use your second largest).
- Heat oil, and then add the vegetables from the food processor.
- Add the minced beef and cook, stiring occasionally, until it's brown all over.
- Add the remaining ingredients and keep stiring.
- Simmer for 2 hours uncovered, stiring every so often. Keep it moist though by adding water whenever it looks a bit too dry.
Since this makes quite a large quantity you'll probably want to have some tupperware ready to load up the freezer.