We cannot get enough of this delicious recipe; it is simple, flavourful and reliable. Reminiscent of schnitzel or kiev, but with an Italian twist.
4Chicken Breasts (Skinless)
1 tablespoonFlour (to dust)
75 gramsFresh White Breadcrumbs
50 gramsParmesan (Finely Grated)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
- Beat the chicken breasts flat with a rolling pin (or your hand) between two sheets of clingfilm. They should be less than 1cm thick, but no thiner than 5mm.
- Dust with flour, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a good sized bowl.
- Dip the chicken in beaten egg.
- Place in the breadcrumb mixture and give a good coating.
- Heat Oil and Butter in a frying pan, and once foaming/sizzling throw in a chicken breast.
- Cook aggressively for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Meanwhile, get those tomatoes cut in half and on a baking tray. Top each tomato with a thin slice of garlic.
- A twist of salt and pepper on each of them. A quick drizzle of olive oil for flavour.
- Then place under a very hot grill until they just start to blacken.
- Serve on the plate with torn basil leaves.
- I love the acidity of lemon juice against the soft tomatoes and crispy chicken; so give everyone two quarters of a lemon to squeeze.