Paprika and Chicken go together, especially when roasted together as in this very simple recipe...
1Chicken (Whole Medium or Large)
1 tablespoonPaprika (Generous)
2 tablespoonsSour Cream (Large)
- Fire up the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade.
- Brush the chicken all over the melted button and salt.
- Squeeze that lemon all over the chicken.
- Now dust the entire chicken with Paprika.
- Place in the oven beast-side facing upwards and then roast for an hour.
- Check if the bird is cooked by checking that the juices run clear. When done...
- Carve and keep it chunky (none of those frilly thin slices, keep it juicy and chunky).
- Mix the sour cream into the Paprika juices, and then drizzle over the chunks and serve.
- So simple, but so delicious.
Carving Tip: Go chunky, none of these thin measly slices. Remove the breasts and chunk down, separate the thighs and drumsticks.