The staples of cocktail parties, and picnics in the park.
3 teaspoonsDry Yeast
3 tablespoonsCaster Sugar
500 millilitersSemi-Skimmed Milk (Lukewarm)
25 gramsButter (Melted)
300 gramsBuckwheat Flour
2Eggs (Large and Separated)
175 gramsSour Cream
1Fat for Frying (Trex recommended, Vegetable Oil is OK)
- Sift the flour, salt, yeast and sugar into a bowl.
- Mix in the egg yolks.
- Pour in the milk slowly and stir until the mixture becomes a thick dough.
- Stir in the melted butter and sour cream.
- Beat the egg whites until they are soft peaks.
- Gently stir the whites into the batter with a metal spoon.
- Allow the batter to sit and prove somewhere warm for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and the fat.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the uncooked side, turn the blini with a palette knife and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Leave to cool and serve.