Go nuts with the Black Pepper in this recipe - not just a seasoning, it's an ingredient.
500 gramsChicken Thighs
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
50 gramsCoriander (Fresh Leaves Chopped)
3 tablespoonsBlack Pepper (Crushed)
- Cut the chicken thighs into 2-3 pieces (depending on how large they are).
- Roll chicken pieces in salt and pepper. Then add more pepper.
- In a large pan, heat oil until it is shimmering. Then add the chicken to brown (turning only occasionaly). When brown, remove from the pan and place to one side.
- Peel both the garlic and ginger; chop them up togther into small pieces.
- Slice the onion and tomatoes into 1cm cubes.
- Add ginger, garlic, onions and turmeric to the pan and fry for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and a splash of water. Cover with a heavy lid and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Pop the chicken back in and cook for about 5 more minutes. Then add the corriander leaves and a bit more black pepper!
- 60 seconds more heat and you're ready to serve. Ideally with good quality rice.