A twist on a Classic Caesar Salad with spicy prawns and chilli.
1 1⁄2 tablespoonSweet Chilli Sauce
1 cloveGarlic (Crushed)
1Fresh Ginger (3cm piece grated)
350 gramsRaw King Prawns (Thawed if Frozen)
2 tablespoonsOlive Oil
2 slicesWholemeal Bread
50 gramsUnsmoked Streaky Bacon (Chopped)
200 gramsSalad Leaves (Crunchy)
3 tablespoonsCaesar Dressing
- In a bowl mix Chilli Sauce, Garlic and Ginger, then add the prawns.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oilover slices of bread.
- Place under a preheated grill, and flip until golden on both sides.
- Chop toasted bread in cubes.
- Fry the bacon for 5 minutes until good and crispy (no need to add oil).
- After removing the bacon, use the same pan for the prawns. Turn occasionally whilst cooking for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare large bowls with salad leaves, top with prawns, and caesar dressing. Chop the bacon and sprinkle with parmesan over the salad.
If it's a sunny day out, why not fire up the barbecue and grill the prawns for extra flavour.