Rich, warming and perfect for Fall, this fish recipe has a simple method for simple flavours.
25 gramsHazelnuts (Skinned and Chopped)
100 gramsButter (Soft)
2 tablespoonsHazelnut Oil
8Trout Fillets (With Skin on)
1 tablespoonChives (Chopped)
- Make the butter in advance, and keep in the refrigerator until you need it. Start by roasting the chopped hazelnuts on a baking tray under a hot grill. Toast until they reach a delicious golden brown.
- Allow the nuts to cool before you mix with the butter, nut oil and vinegar. Give a good pinch of both salt and pepper to season.
- Take a fresh baking tray and put the fish skin-side up on the tray. The skin will protect the fish from the strong heat.
- Brush the skin with some melted butter, to help it crisp.
- After 3-4 minutes under the hot grill, the trout will be cooked and ready to serve.
- Place on plates, with a spoonful of the hazelnut butter. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs and serve.